Winter facility maintenance can be tricky no matter what type of facility you’re maintaining. What should you stock? How much product should you hold in inventory? A well-rounded, comprehensive winter product assortment is not just a convenience but a necessity for your customers to maintain safe AND presentable properties.
Winter Assortment Basics
Three key product categories make up the winter assortment basics you need to offer to customers:
Facility Maintenance: When it comes to winter safety, ice melt products reign supreme for maintaining safe walkways and entrances. Keeping sufficient product on hand ensures the safety of everyone who enters your facility and those of your customers. It’s essential to provide a quality ice melt product that is effective at lower temperatures yet will not harm vegetation and masonry. You’ll also need a quality neutralizer to remove any residue left on surfaces or matting, to leave your surfaces clean and sparkling.
Preventing Cold & Flu: When building a winter product assortment, cold and flu prevention should be top of mind. Maintain an ample stock of the four key cleaning supplies your customers will need most:
- Disinfectant Sprays/Chemicals: Multi-surface disinfectants are engineered to efficiently eliminate a wide spectrum of germs, viruses, and bacteria on various surfaces, including countertops, doorknobs, floors, and more. Your customers will appreciate their convenience because they simplify cleaning routines, providing a one-stop solution for sanitizing multiple surface types.
- Disinfectant Wipes: Wipers should be a key component of your disinfectant assortment. They’re a disposable cleaning tool that’s stronger than a paper towel, making them ideal for cleaning and disinfecting where cross-contamination is a concern. To properly disinfect, wipers should be used in conjunction with an alcohol-based disinfectant that has an alcohol content of at least a 70%.
- Towel & Tissue: Quality paper towel and toilet tissue is gentler on the skin and makes personal hygiene in public spaces easier and more comfortable. Offering your customers high quality brands that perform well and yet are cost competitive is key. For a wide range of towel and tissue products that deliver quality performance and value, check out the full line from DuraPlus®.
Hand Hygiene Products: Promoting good hand hygiene and hnd washing is critical for any facility, especially in spaces accessed by the general public. Provide your customers with a high-quality hand soap and hand sanitizer, and offer them our Hand Hygiene communication materials, branded with YOUR company name and logo! Of course, you’ll need to provide quality dispensers as well.
It’s also important to consider these factors to maintain the right cleaning protocols during the winter season:
- Proper Cleaning: Effective cleaning during cold and flu season is essential to prevent the spread of germs, and that includes disinfecting. Encourage your customers to add disinfectants to their order, along with their usual cleaning products, to help reduce the risk of infection.
- Right Items: Ensure that your winter product assortment includes high-quality cleaning products and the tools required to kill germs and viruses effectively.
- Well-Stocked: Running out of essential items like toilet paper, hand soap, or sanitizers during cold and flu season can lead to discomfort and unhygienic conditions. Make sure you have plenty of product to ensure your customers’ facilities are always well-stocked.
Explore our Winter Product Pack that includes a selection of essential washroom items, cleaning supplies, and ice melt products. The best part? You can co-brand this pack for your salespeople to use, reinforcing your company’s image as a go-to supplier for all your customers’ Jan/San needs!
For more co-branding opportunities check out the R3 Business Builder collection of Tips, Tools and How To’s – your customers will look to you for expert advice along with the products they need, when they need them.