From paper to plastic products, or floors to restrooms, the key to a good foodservice experience is in the details! Share these tips with your customers to help them leave a lasting impression on their customers:
#1: Choose Environmentally Friendly Packaging Options
It’s no surprise consumers are making the effort to choose environmentally sustainable products, and support businesses that do, too. Here are some tips for choosing environmentally sustainable foodservice products:
- It’s all in the material: Choosing products made from recycled materials reduces raw material use and waste that would otherwise end up in landfills.
- Consider end-of-life management: When choosing plastic food packaging, add widely recyclable products to your assortment to help your customers meet their sustainability goals. Look for a product’s resin code, which indicates the type of plastic it’s made from and how commonly accepted it is for recycling. Download our Sustainable Packaging Playbook for a helpful guide on decoding plastic resin codes.
- Compostable vs. Biodegradable: Biodegradable materials are organic materials which can be broken down into carbon dioxide, water and biomass. Compostable materials are those that can break down into compost, a nutrient-rich substance. Adding products that are 100% compostable, recyclable or reusable to your assortment is a great way to help reduce your customer’s environmental footprint.
#2: Tackle Key Cleaning Areas
Facility cleanliness has a lasting effect on how people see a facility. Ensure cleaning routines hit these key areas:
- Restrooms: Studies show that 70% of people will avoid a business where they had a poor restroom experience. Restrooms should be serviced regularly to ensure product and cleanliness levels are optimal. Check out our step-by-step guide for a deeper look at restroom cleaning.
- Ovens and range-hoods: Say goodbye to grease build up! These areas quickly build up soils and grease, which require regular cleaning with specially formulated cleaning chemistries.
- Floors: Floors can spread bacteria, too! Floors should be cleaned regularly to keep them healthy and looking their best.
#3: It’s All in The Details!
Foodservice businesses need products they can count on, right down to their condiment cups. Harvest® Paper Products* are all natural, compostable and made from renewable resources. These products have tightly rolled rims – giving them the stability to work for a variety of applications. Want to learn more about building your sustainable assortment? Download this sell sheet* or contact our product experts today.
*If you require a more accessible version of this PDF, please contact us and we’d be happy to provide it.