A business’s cleanliness speaks volumes to customers. From bathrooms to windows, keeping a business in tip top shape will help in keeping customers coming back again and again!
Read the tips below to help keep your business’s windows looking bright. Note: Before getting started, check the squeegee channel to ensure that it’s perfectly straight and that the squeegee rubber doesn’t have excessive wear.
How to Clean Windows
- Rinse windows to remove large debris.
- Wet the entire window with soapy water.
- Use a golden glove and take your squeegee in hand and place the rubber blade at the top of the dry right-hand edge. As you move it across the window, pull the top of the channel out first to maintain an angle of 15 to 20 degrees. Pull the squeegee ¾ of the way across the window and then down to the bottom.
- Using a towel, wipe the squeegee blade so it is completely dry. Check to make sure the side and top edges are dry, and dry them if needed.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to finish the window.
It’s All in the Detailing
After using the squeegee, use a cloth to wipe the edges of the window, also known as detailing. This final step will help get a crisp, flawless finished look.
If you’re an R3 customer, request a PDF of this article branded with your logo! Not an R3 customer? Let’s chat.